Family Bathroom

image
awaberskiAugust 7, 2015

Hi - First time posting but am optimistic that you all can provide me with some help!

I have a family bath that is currently empty except for the plumbing, below are the dimensions (certainly not to scale).

image

The house is from 1910 and I am pretty set on having hex tile in marble on the floor, with wainscoting in a beveled subway - in a brick pattern - to about 4ft around the whole room with a chair rail (somewhat like the picture below, but likely without the hex border).

image
Bathrooms · More Info

My major concern is that I don't want it to look like subway tile threw up all over the room and my hangup is specifically the shower area. I find that showers in subway from floor right up to the ceiling look odd. The bathroom isn't the biggest, but the shower is the first thing you would see when you look in the room. The door on the shower will be glass, so there won't be a curtain to break up the visual of the tile.

I am somewhat inclined to do the chair rail at the same level right through the shower and then either i) change the orientation of the beveled tile above the chair rail - perhaps a herringbone pattern or ii) change to a marble subway above the chair rail that matches the floor.

My two sample pictures that I could find are below.

Option i) noted above.

option ii) (sorry, you can't see much of it!)

I am generally looking for advice on what you think will be the best course of action!

Thanks in advance!

BookmarkLike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Walk-in Showers for Your Luxury Bathroom

Top 10 Murder Victims Who Solved Their Own Murders

How to make Bath Bombs with Pink Himalayan Salts