Guest Bath: Before and After


Happy New Year!

There will be posts all over blogland about New Year’s resolutions and setting goals and all of that productive stuff, but I didn’t feel like talking about that today, so how about a fun Before and After?   We can get organized and make resolutions later.  Actually I’m not much of a resolutions girl.

Now that Christmas is over,  I can finally get around to showing all my rooms since we jumped right into the Holidays just as I was getting finished up.  My roommate, Rhonda, uses this bathroom and I got it looking good for her.  She loves it and I’m really proud of how it came out, especially since I didn’t gut it, but worked with what I had.  I will probably give it a new vanity one day, but for now, I’m totally happy with it.

Here’s a reminder of where this bathroom started.  Pretty blah and uninspiring and it definitely needed a little repair and painting.

The After looks pretty darn good, I think.  It’s amazing what paint, adding beadboard and molding, rugs, painting the countertop,  painting the vanity, new lighting, and spray painting the hardware on the vanity will do.  None of these things were super expensive, but all together made for a pretty dramatic change in here.

Guest bath shower curtain

The shower curtain plays off the vanity which is painted Annie Sloan Duck Egg blue.  I did the Rustoleum countertop transformation kit which you can find in the link above.  The shower curtain , called Birds of a Feather, was ordered online through Walmart and it came via Wayfair (not sure how that works, but that is what my order says).  Wayfair has tons of products and this curtain was around $25.  I love how it adds some fun to the room.

Rug from Ballards

The rug came from Ballards Outlet and this is still in their catalog.  Loved the blue with writing on it, so I grabbed it while I was at the outlet.

tub rug

This little bathmat came from TJ Maxx and ties in nicely with the other rug and shower curtain.

framed mirror

There’s a good shot of the mirror frame from MirrorMate, which also adds a nice finished look in here.  And you can get a good look at the beadboard wallpaper and molding above.  I did add one more hook to the mix, total of 3.

mirror close

Close up of the frame.

Hooks and beadboard

Good shot of the hooks and beadboard with the shell art above.

Forgot to include a link to the beadboard wallpaper, which I carry in my online shop, from Graham Brown. I love working with this paper and have showed several projects over the years on my blog and how easy it is to work with.

beadboard and artwork

This shell art was in my master bath in my old house, so I’m reusing here.

shelf

And there was room for a wall shelf here on the end wall.  This piece was also in my old masterbath and I’m reusing it.  I sprayed it with Satin Nickel Rustoleum spray paint since I had painted it gold in my old bath.

bathroom shelf

Already had the lamp and beach print too, so all in all this was a very cost effective bathroom makeover.  This shot is most accurate for paint color.  It is hard to get good pics in a windowless bathroom.  It is Khaki and not gold.

Hope this gave you all some ideas on how you can take a plain Jane bathroom that is horribly dated and ugly and at least bring it up to date without completely starting over and gutting the space.  I was fortunate to already have this neutral tile on the floors too, so that did help a lot.  Much better than linoleum, so I’m grateful to have it.  I could definitely work with it.

Do you have an old bathroom that needs some help?  Think about painting the vanity, adding new hardware (although I kept mine and painted it), rugs, shower curtain and adding that beadboard wallpaper in mine really added a lot of architectural detail to an otherwise plain space.

All those little things add up to making a stylish space!


image
image

- Rhoda

Comments

  1. The cleaning services offered by a cleaning company are all excellent for eliminating molds and stains. Additionally, it keeps the area of one's home tidy and clear of clutter. You can expect prompt and fast service from these cleaning services.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Walk-in Showers for Your Luxury Bathroom

Top 10 Murder Victims Who Solved Their Own Murders

How to make Bath Bombs with Pink Himalayan Salts