DIY Lush 4-in-1 Bath Bomb Recipe
Don’t you love the store Lush? I sure do. If you haven’t ever been, be forewarned, you’ll spend a lot of time there. I love going in and smelling everything and imagining that I’m taking a nice relaxing bath and using all of their bath products. But when a bath bomb, melt, bubble bar , and scrub cost $6 each, it can get really expensive. Plus, it’s hard to decide which bar to get because they have so many great products: bubble melts, bath bombs, bubble bars, or bath scrub? Life gets hard, huh?! Well I’m here to tell you I figured out the most amazing recipe that combines all of these four products into ONE bar and costs less than $1 each! Hallelujah! Now that’s what I’m talking about. I introduce you to the DIY Lush 4-in-1 Bath Bar!
I found this recipe and but didn’t love everything about it. I want to add some color, more complex flavors, and after trying the recipe, they turned out really dry and crumbly. LAME. SO I did some experimenting and found the PERFECT combo.
I love how they turn out. I used one yesterday while I was giving my daughter a bath and she was having so much fun playing with the bar as it was dissolving in the bath. It created bubbles, it was fizzy, it had a nice aromatic smell, her water turned purple, and loved how moisturized her skin was after she got out. I cannot wait to use one tonight!
To get started you’ll need the following:
Large mixing bowl
Disposable gloves or dishwashing gloves
Face mask
Double broiler pan
Soap mold or cupcake pan
Spoon
Rubber mallet
1 cup baking soda
2/3 cup sea salt
2/3 cup citric acid (you can find this in a health food store)
1/3 collodial oatmeal (I used ground up oatmeal for a much cheaper version option)
1/3 cup SLSa (Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate) (I could only find this online)
2/3 cup cocoa butter or organic coconut oil
Essential oils: I used Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon
Food coloring
Put all of your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together. Make sure whenever you’re handling the sodium lauryl sulfoacetate you wear a mask because it’s very airborne and will get into your lungs and make you cough really bad. I highly recommend you to use a pair of disposable or dish washing gloves to mix the dry ingredients together, this will save your hands.
The next step is to melt the cocoa butter or coconut oil using the double broiler method. If you don’t know what that is, take a large pan, fill it up half way up with water, let it come to a boil, and then place a smaller sauce pan on top of the larger pan. Dump the cocoa butter or coconut oil in and let it slowly melt. Once it’s all melted you’re going to remove the small sauce pan and set it aside. Add your essential oils.
I used the following:
Lavender Lemon: Lavender (10 drops) + Lemon (5 drops) *I used coconut oil in this recipe because I wanted the lavender to be the main scent.
Mint Chocolate: Peppermint (1o drops) + Lemon (5 drops) *I used cocoa butter in this recipe which made the bar smell like mint chocolate.
Add the oil to the dry ingredients.
Add the food coloring. Here’s a really handy food coloring guide here and here if you’re wanting to customize your colors. I used the mint color for the mint chocolate bar and I tried to make a purple color for the lavender bar but it kind of turned more of a gray #fail.
Mix everything together and it will create a damp sand mixture.
I purchased a soap mold but you can use a jello mold or a cupcake pan (I used this). Scoop mixture into molds or pan and pack it tight. Place mold or pan in the refrigerator and let it harden for a hour.
Getting the bath bar out of the silicone soap mold was pretty easy, but when you use a metal cupcake pan, you’ll want to get a rubber mallet and lightly hammer on the back of the cupcake pan to get them out. And you’re done!
I hope you enjoy these diy Lush all in one bath, bomb, bubble, melt bars. These make a great gift, a fun activity to do with your kids or girlfriends or for a baby or wedding shower. You can customize the colors, scents, you could add dried flowers or herbs in it. The possibilities are endless! Have fun creating.
Comments
Post a Comment