Herl’s Bath and Tile Solutions - 29 Photos & 10 Reviews - Contractors - 31440 Winterplace Pkwy, Salisbury, MD - Phone Number

10

31440 Winterplace Pkwy
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410) 219-9033

I'm in the second week of my 2.5 baths remodel. For the 2 full baths, I'm getting 2 tubs/wall systems, 2 toilets (American Standard champion pro), 2 shower heads, tiles and 2 sink faucets (not replacing vanity), wall painted. For the powder room, I'm getting toilet replaced (American Standard Vormax), wainscoting and wall painted, not replacing vanity or flooring. Note: I would recommend doing a little homework on how much toilets, tubs, shower heads, etc of the same type typically cost before signing the contract. Our salesman said the Vormax was around $900. The good: Our sales guy (Rick) was friendly and courteous. Office receptionist is also polite and courteous. The not-so-good:They send different guys to do different parts of the job (acrylic tub/wall vs tiling vs toilet installation vs painting are done by different people). I prefer to have the same people do all the work so there's not different people coming through the house over the 2-week period. It also helps to avoid one guy from saying the previous one didn't do the prior task correctly. As other reviewers mentioned, not all the supplies came in by the time the project started, but so far, we are still on track with the 2-week schedule though it seems like a long time for the project scope. I also noticed the communication issues that other reviewers noted that could use improvement and reduce the confusion/stress. All in all, it's pretty average (not horrible, not fabulous) so far. I will update the review once the project is complete.

Herl's did an excellent job removing an existing tub and surround and installing a new walk in shower. It was a 2 day job, everything was clean and neat when they finished. I would highly recommend them, over the years I have contracted various home improvements, this was the smoothest.

Absolutely the worst remodeling experience ever! It took 105 days for them to finish because they had to rip out my bathroom tile 3 times due to poor workmanship! Not to mention we had to hire a dry waller after it was "complete" to fix our drywall in our bathroom! Poor communication and managed poorly. If it weren't for other contractors and some handy neighbors, it still would not be finished! Terrible experience!

Buyer beware**** i contacted herl's bath and tile about a new surround and tub in my older mobile home. i also inquired about getting a faucet on the bathroom sink replaced. these jokers came out and gave me a estimate. $7.503.00! that's right over 7k for one surround, one tub, and ONE faucet. no tile, no gold faucet, no heated toilet seat. needless to say they didn't get the job. don't call these jokers unless you are willing to pay 3 times what the job is worth.

I had a very good experience. They remodeled the shower in my bathroom and it looks beautiful. They totally replaced the old shower pan and removed about two feet of the wall and tile around the bottom of the walls and replaced it with cement board. This was important because my condo was originally built as apartments back in the mid 70's and they just used drywall in the shower and tiled over it. It was definitely starting to break down at the bottom. I did have a problem with the shower dripping after it was shut off, but Jason came back out and changed the cartridge which fixed the problem. I would definitely use them again for remodeling.

One star is way too high for this group of unprofessional yahoos. (Yet Yelp leaves me no choice) Was introduced to this business at the spring 2014 Ocean City Home and Garden show. Gave them contact info as we had just moved to the area and were in need of bath/kitchen redos. A representative called me every couple of months since and I explained the house needed foundation work first and would contact them when ready to proceed. So far so good. Finally Ready I placed a call which was received by "Alex." An appointment for an estimate was arranged all while his manners were spot on....until the very end of our call. When he asked me to "do him a favor and remind my husband about the appointment!" WT...? Just for the record. I'm a 52 y/o woman who has been married over a quarter of a century and NO ONE tells this (supposedly) mindless wifey what to say or do! BTW Alex, I own the house and I would be signing the check that your company will NEVER see. Now on to the next day, Vicky, (presumably the only female employee that could talk some sense into me!) tells me "I am one in 1000" of their clients who needs to be told what to do and whom to inform. Really?? How special that makes me and what idiots that makes the other 999 of their female customers. If you're looking for sexist, chauvinistic, jack-holes to work in your home call them today and be 1 of 999.

Expensive and not worth it! Devoid of customer service, horrible work - had to argue with them to fix their botched tile job - and then it took 3 weeks to get it fixed. I would never ever let them do another job in my house, even if it was free, due to their poor workmanship and slow work ethic. I would recommend to stay away from them!

I had blocked the constant calls from Herl's Bath. Today, after someone called from a different number, I called Vickie, @ 443-397-9068. She told me, , "It's really simple. Just give me your name and number..." IT'S REALLY VERY SIMPLE: WHEN I BLOCK CALLS FROM YOUR COMPANY -- HAVE ENOUGH SENSE TO LEAVE ME ALONE. IT REALLY IS T--H--A--T SIMPLE. I moved to this armpit of the U. S. in Jan 2012. The realtor started gossip about me - she lives 2 streets over. Much of the harrassment has come from companies and people I've done business with. I had to threaten small claims court to get a refund for an online purchase I returned to the Sears in SEAFORD - they handed me a zero receipt and told me to check with the people online. It took over 2 months to get my money back. SO GLAD THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. The local propane company left me without heat for a week, total, with deep snow on the ground, no heaters, no electric blankets - nothing - anywhere. 3 of the days were the result of 2 lies told by that company. I've found a company in a nearby town that assured me they don't do things like that. I still can't believe that THOSE ANIMALS DELIBERATELY AND MALICIOUSLY LEFT ME IN THE COLD. It would be nice if they went out of business OR FROZE TO DEATH. I hired someone to put an exhaust fan in the master bath. I walked into the bathroom at the exact moment the the vanity counter top broke - the 300 pound electrician tech was leaning on it with all his weight and bouncing. It was custom-made and shell-shaped. He replaced the sink, a week later, but didn't know what he was doing - it slides all over the place. He was here for over 8 hours. I had no idea when a painter recommended him that he was the realtor's brother-in-law. HE BROKE IT, HE REPLACED IT, BUT HE DIDN'T FIX IT. The master bath had a shower/tub that worked fine, no drips. The young man from Herl's did the work of 3 men - installed it in half a day. I spent thousands. He may not be the one who loaded the bad parts to be put in, but someone had to include 2 faulty parts for the shower to drip for several seconds each and every time the sink faucet is turned on . THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MASTER BATH WHEN I MOVED IN. NOW, THE SINK AND COUNTER TIPS AND SLIDES AROUND IF YOU TOUCH IT, THANKS TO A MORON, AND THANKS TO HERL'S, WHEN I TURN ON THE BATHROOM FAUCET, THE SHOWER THEY INSTALLED DRIPS, FOR SEVERAL SECONDS. They can retort with a lie or something made up, but in other parts of the country where people actually know what they're doing, the correct explanation is that two faulty parts causes this problem. And it worked fine before their installation.

We recently hired Herl's to clean the ceramic tile floors in our Ocean City vacation home....they did an EXCELLENT job! The price was fair, the scheduled appointment time was met and their technician, Tre, was clean, courteous and most thorough. They also clean carpet so the next time we need that service we will be calling Herl's. They really are "As good as it gets!"

This company was recommended to us by a friend and also had a good reputation via word of mouth. Maybe something happened to this company recently which has caused it to be the worst experience I have ever had working with a contractor. We were told before the work started that it would take 5-7 days to complete the job - it took 5 weeks! The reason it took 5 weeks was because they didn't show up for days at a time - and also ran out of materials. An experienced tile layer should have known in advance when he was doing the job that there wasn't going to be enough materials...but, no...he waited until he actually ran out before informing his company that additional materials were needed. This resulted in about a week delay. During this delay, we had a chance to scrutinize their work - and found that it was most definitely sub par and there were issues that needed to be addressed. Their "production manager" came out to look at the issues and saw very little wrong with it - either because he didn't want to admit it or he doesn't know what a good tile job should look like. I had to argue with him and point out the issues before he grudgingly agreed to have part of the job redone. I had to request that another worker redo the job as I felt the same person could very well redo the job with the same issues. Was told twice that the owner of the company would come out and look at the job - he never showed AND never called. They finally finished the job - and a quality job it is NOT. They came in and finished it up...using colored caulk to fill in where the grout was not up to par. It does not exactly match and looks horrible. They also were supposed to install 3 grab bars per the contract - only 2 were installed and yet they sent us an invoice with 3 grab bars on it. No one ever came out to verify that the work had been done in accordance with the contract - or they would have known about the missing grab bar. The whole experience was so horrible and they were so rude that we just couldn't even bring ourselves to call them about the work not being done according to the contract and have to argue with them and suffer through their total lack of customer service. Bottom line: Total lack of customer service and rude to their customers (who are they doing work for????), VERY expensive - not in any way worth the money, shoddy workmanship, management has no clue what their workers are doing in the field - and don't seem to care either, perfect example of how NOT to run a business. I guess you could say I don't have even one good thing to say about this company.If you want to learn about how NOT to run a business, deal with them...you'll learn plenty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosa Thermostatic Shower Mixer Chrome Bathroom Bath Twin Head Round Or Square • £55.99

Guest Bath: Before and After

Give your Bathroom a Makeover for Less