Homemade Bath Salts: Baked Apple Pie

image

Can you believe that fall is right around the corner!?  I can’t.  My kids start back at school today and before I know it, we will start seeing cooler temperatures and fall will arrive.  To keep my skin looking and feeling good, I will occasionally take a bath with Epsom salts.  They are amazing and make a great bath!  But today I decided to take it up a notch and create these yummy smelling baked apple pie homemade bath salts!  Yum!

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-1These are similar to my Vanilla Bath SaltsStrawberry Bath Salts and my Vanilla Rose Petal Bath Salts…I clearly have a thing for homemade bath salts… But these are perfect for the fall!

Supplies needed to make your own apple pie homemade bath salts:

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-6You will simply mix the salts and fragrance together until the desired scent is achieved!  If you’d like to make them look a little more like apple pie, you can add a few shakes of brown powdered food coloring and mix well.

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-7Why powdered food coloring?  Because I don’t want the bath salts to get too wet prior to use.  You can use liquid food coloring sparingly, but then you will want to place your salts out on a cookie sheet and let them dry completely prior to placing them in a jar.  Powdered is easy to use and doesn’t add any wetness to the mixture so they are ready to be packaged or used right away.

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-3Some people have asked if the coloring will add color to the bath and the answer is yes, a little bit.  If you add just a little bit of color the color will be so spread out in the bath that you don’t need to worry about coming out of the bath a different color!  It will slightly discolor the water but not enough to have a real impact.

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-5Also, Epsom salts aren’t meant for use by everyone, so be sure to check the usage on them prior to use.

Then I simply placed these homemade bath salts in a cute little glass jar and they’re are ready to use or gift!

Homemade-bath-salts-baked-apple-pie-Crafts-Unleashed-2I actually love how these homemade bath salts turned out so much, I think I will be sending them in as teacher gifts the first day of school with my kiddos!  These would be a great teacher or back to school gift too.  But don’t worry, I still have a stash I am keeping for myself too because they smell amazing.

Ashley-sig

About Ashley

Ashley is an interior designer turned DIY / Craft Blogger located in the Indianapolis area. Her passion for interior design grew into a love of creating and one day she just decided to start blogging about it, at Simply Designing! Ashley loves power tools and her hot glue gun, but her sewing machine slightly scares her. She loves life, finds joy in the simple things, and is a firm believer that a good cup of hot chocolate or ice cream cures most things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Walk-in Showers for Your Luxury Bathroom

Top 10 Murder Victims Who Solved Their Own Murders

How to make Bath Bombs with Pink Himalayan Salts